- Experience. Several urologists at Mayo Clinic specialize in treating Peyronie's (pay-roe-NEEZ) disease and treat about 500 men who have this condition each year.
- Careful evaluation. Mayo specialists are careful in evaluating each man and in trying to find the right therapy for his situation: medication, physical therapy or surgery.
- Expertise. Mayo specialists have expert knowledge about experimental therapies for Peyronie's disease and are skilled at the delicate microsurgery needed to restore normal shape and function of the penis.
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for urology by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for urology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Oct. 18, 2014
- Hatzimouratidis K, et al. EAU guidelines on penile curvature. European Urology. 2012;62:543.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Brandt WO, et al. Peyronie's disease: Diagnosis and medical management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Peyronie's disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/peyronie. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Brandt WO, et al. Surgical management of Peyronie's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 23, 2014.
- FDA approves first drug for treatment of Peyronie's disease. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm377849.htm. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 28, 2014.
- Broderick GA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 11, 2014.
- Xiaflex (prescribing information). Chesterbrook, Penn.: Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2013. https://www.xiaflex.com/assets/XIAFLEX-PI-and-MedGuide-Combined-20131206-ver-e.pdf. Accessed Sept. 15, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.