Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Experience. Several urologists at Mayo Clinic specialize in treating Peyronie's (pay-roe-NEEZ) disease and treat about 500 men who have this condition each year.
- Careful evaluation. Mayo specialists are careful in evaluating each man and in trying to find the right therapy for his situation: medication, physical therapy or surgery.
- Expertise. Mayo specialists have expert knowledge about experimental therapies for Peyronie's disease and are skilled at the delicate microsurgery needed to restore normal shape and function of the penis.
Mayo Clinic in Minnesota ranks No. 1 for urology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings.
Oct. 18, 2014
- Hatzimouratidis K, et al. EAU guidelines on penile curvature. European Urology. 2012;62:543.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Brandt WO, et al. Peyronie's disease: Diagnosis and medical management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Peyronie's disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/peyronie. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Brandt WO, et al. Surgical management of Peyronie's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 23, 2014.
- FDA approves first drug for treatment of Peyronie's disease. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm377849.htm. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 28, 2014.
- Broderick GA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 11, 2014.
- Xiaflex (prescribing information). Chesterbrook, Penn.: Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2013. https://www.xiaflex.com/assets/XIAFLEX-PI-and-MedGuide-Combined-20131206-ver-e.pdf. Accessed Sept. 15, 2014.