Peyronie's disease can be a source of significant anxiety and create stress between you and your sexual partner. The following suggestions might help you cope with Peyronie's disease:
Oct. 18, 2014
- Explain to your partner what Peyronie's disease is and how it affects your ability to have sex.
- Let your partner know how you feel about the appearance of your penis and your ability to have sex.
- Talk to your partner about how the two of you can maintain sexual and physical intimacy.
- Talk to a mental health provider who specializes in family relations and sexual matters.
- Hatzimouratidis K, et al. EAU guidelines on penile curvature. European Urology. 2012;62:543.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Brandt WO, et al. Peyronie's disease: Diagnosis and medical management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Peyronie's disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/peyronie. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Brandt WO, et al. Surgical management of Peyronie's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 23, 2014.
- FDA approves first drug for treatment of Peyronie's disease. U.S. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm377849.htm. Accessed May 11, 2014.
- Trost LW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 28, 2014.
- Broderick GA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 11, 2014.
- Xiaflex (prescribing information). Chesterbrook, Penn.: Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2013. https://www.xiaflex.com/assets/XIAFLEX-PI-and-MedGuide-Combined-20131206-ver-e.pdf. Accessed Sept. 15, 2014.