Most people with a patent foramen ovale don't know they have it, because it's usually a hidden condition that doesn't create signs or symptoms.
Nov. 01, 2012
- Kutty S, et al. Patent foramen ovale. The known and the to be known. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2012;59:1665.
- McPhee SJ, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2012. 51st ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aID=3671. Accessed Aug. 9, 2012.
- Grogan M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 15, 2012.
- Bucholz S, et al. Diagnosis and management of patent foramen ovale. Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2012;88:217.
- Hara H, et al. Patent foramen ovale. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed Aug. 14, 2012.
- Furie KL, et al. Guidelines for the prevention of stroke in patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack. Stroke. 2010;42:227. Accessed Aug. 12, 2012.
- Furlan AJ, et al. Closure or medical therapy for cryptogenic stroke with patent foramen ovale. New England Journal of Medicine. 2012;366:991.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.