- Specialized care. Mayo Clinic has specialized pancreas clinics in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota that offer care by specialists who focus on diagnosing and treating diseases of the pancreas, including pancreatitis. Mayo Clinic doctors have expertise and experience in treating pancreatitis. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors treat more than 2,300 people with pancreatitis.
- Comprehensive treatment options. Your care team has access to virtually every tool to help diagnose and treat pancreatitis — including advanced CT and MRI imaging, endoscopic ultrasound, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), stents for draining fluid, and open and minimally invasive pancreatic surgery.
- Cutting-edge research. Mayo Clinic researchers have studied pancreatic disease extensively to improve diagnosis and treatment options and have published numerous articles on this subject in medical journals.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Oct. 12, 2016
- Pancreatitis. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/liver-disease/pancreatitis/Pages/facts.aspx. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Pancreatitis: Acute and chronic. American College of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/pancreatitis-acute-and-chronic/. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Pancreatitis, acute. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Pancreatitis, chronic. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 28, 2016.
- Feldman M, et al. Acute pancreatitis. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 26, 2016.
- Complementary pancreatitis therapies. National Pancreas Foundation. https://www.pancreasfoundation.org/patientinformation/acutepancreatitis/complimentarypancreatitistherapies/. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 2, 2016.
- Rajan E (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 11, 2016.
- Garcia-Alonzo FA, et al. Gallstone-related disease in the elderly: Is there room for improvement? Digestive Diseases and Sciences. 2015;60:1770.