Mayo Clinic is one of the few medical centers in the U.S. recognized as a Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) for pancreatic cancer research, funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI). In the Mayo Clinic Gastrointestinal Cancer Program, new diagnostic tools, treatments and approaches to prevention of pancreatic cancer are being studied.
Mayo Clinic is also actively involved in a large NCI-funded multisite study, conducted by the Pancreatic Cancer Genetic Epidemiology (PACGENE) Consortium, looking at the role heredity plays in the disease. To aid this research, Mayo Clinic has created an extensive patient and tissue registry for pancreatic cancer.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on pancreatic cancer on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Nov. 22, 2014
- Steven R. Alberts, M.D.
- Mariza de Andrade, Ph.D.
- Suresh T. Chari, M.D.
- Charles Erlichman, M.D.
- Michael B. Farnell, M.D.
- Joel G. Fletcher, M.D.
- George P. Kim, M.D.
- Clive S. Grant, M.D.
- Joleen M. Hubbard, M.D.
- Laurence J. Miller, M.D.
- Nicole R. Murray, Ph.D.
- Gloria M. Petersen, Ph.D.
- Massimo Raimondo, M.D.
- Joseph Rubin, M.D.
- Peter Storz, Ph.D.
- Raul A. Urrutia, M.D.
- Michael B. Wallace, M.D.
- What you need to know about cancer of the pancreas. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/wyntk/pancreas. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Abeloff MD, et al. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2008. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Tarceva (prescribing information). Farmingdale, N.Y.: OSI Pharmaceuticals Inc.; 2013. http://www.tarceva.com/patient/considering/index.jsp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Clark KL, et al. Psychological distress in patients with pancreatic cancer — An understudied group. Psycho-Oncology. 2010;19:1313.
- Distress management. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Pancreatic SPOREs. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/spores/pancreatic.htm. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- EGRP-supported epidemiology consortia. National Cancer Institute. http://epi.grants.cancer.gov/Consortia/single/pacgene.html. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Gastrointestinal genetic epidemiology — Gloria M. Petersen. Mayo Clinic. http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/petersen_lab/index.cfm. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Shimosegawa T, et al. International consensus diagnostic criteria for autoimmune pancreatitis: Guidelines of the International Association of Pancreatology. Pancreas. 2011;40:352.
- Sugumar A, et al. Distinguishing pancreatic cancer from autoimmune pancreatitis. Current Gastroenterology Reports. 2010;12:91.
- Kendrick ML, et al. Total laparoscopic pancreaticoduodenectomy. Archives of Surgery. 2010;145:19.
- Townsend CM Jr, et al. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 27, 2013.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 12, 2013.
- Estimated number of new cancer cases and deaths by sex, US, 2013. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2013/index. Accessed Sept. 4, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.