- Expertise and experience. An internationally recognized center for the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors, Mayo Clinic can provide the expertise and experience you need.
- Teamwork. Specialists at Mayo Clinic are dedicated to providing the most appropriate treatment for your neuroendocrine tumor. Because of the different types and locations of neuroendocrine tumors, treatment can be extremely complex and varied. Mayo specialists in oncology, surgery, radiology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and other areas work together to diagnose and treat all types of neuroendocrine tumors.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
There are many types of neuroendocrine tumors, such as:
- Carcinoid tumors of the lung or intestinal tract
- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor (PNET), also known as islet cell cancer
- Medullary thyroid carcinoma
- Merkel cell carcinoma, also known as neuroendocrine carcinoma of the skin
- Pheochromocytoma of the adrenal gland
- Small cell carcinoma of locations such as the lung or cervix
- Large cell carcinoid tumor, most commonly of the lung
Learn more about carcinoid tumors, medullary thyroid carcinoma, Merkel cell carcinoma and pheochromocytoma.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for diabetes and endocrinology in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked high performing for diabetes and endocrinology by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Jun. 27, 2013