Mayo Clinic researchers actively engage in clinical and laboratory research related to myocarditis. Researchers work closely with doctors to develop new tests and therapies to diagnose and treat people who have myocarditis. Myocarditis specialists at Mayo Clinic helped to determine national guidelines in the role of endomyocardial biopsy in the diagnosis and treatment of myocarditis and other cardiovascular diseases. Read more about the guidelines.
Learn more about research on the research website.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on myocarditis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
May 02, 2012
- Kindermann I, et al. Update on myocarditis. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2012;59:779.
- Cooper LT. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of myocarditis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 14, 2012.
- Schultz JC, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of viral myocarditis. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2009;84:1001.
- Schultheiss HP, et al. The management of myocarditis. European Heart Journal. 2011;32:2616.
- Allan CK, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of myocarditis in children. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 14, 2012.
- Cooper LT. Etiology and pathogenesis of myocarditis. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 14, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.