Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people. In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mountain Standard Time, Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday
Please refer to the international appointment section to request appointments via phone.
Becoming a Patient
See information on patient services at the three Mayo Clinic locations, including transportation options and lodging.
Jul. 02, 2011
- Factor SA, et al. Multiple system atrophy: Prognosis and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/index/home.html. Accessed March 22, 2011.
- Stefanova N, et al. Multiple system atrophy: An update. Lancet Neurology. 2009;8:1172.
- Multiple system atrophy. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec16/ch208/ch208d.html. Accessed April 5, 2011.
- Factor SA, et al. Multiple system atrophy: Clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/index/home.html. Accessed April 6, 2011.
- NINDS multiple system atrophy information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/msa/msa.htm. Accessed April 5, 2011.
- NINDS multiple system atrophy with orthostatic hypotension information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/msa_orthostatic_hypotension/msa_orthostatic_hypotension.htm. Accessed April 5, 2011
- Gilman S, et al. Second consensus statement on the diagnosis of multiple system atrophy. Neurology. 2008;71:670.