Mayo Clinic doctors are respected for their expertise in diagnosing and treating multiple myeloma. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 3,400 people with multiple myeloma.
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Aug. 23, 2017
- Kaushansky K, et al., eds. Myeloma. In: Williams Hematology. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2016. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Ferri FF. Multiple myeloma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2017. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Multiple myeloma and related disorders. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Multiple myeloma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed March 31, 2017.
- Plasma cell neoplasms (including multiple myeloma) treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/types/myeloma/patient/myeloma-treatment-pdq. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Plasma cell disorders. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 30, 2017.
- Kyprolis (prescribing information). South San Francisco, Calif.: Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2012. http://www.kyprolis-hcp.com/. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Velcade (prescribing information). Cambridge, Mass.: Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2012. http://www.velcade.com. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Integrative medicine and complementary and alternative therapies. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. https://www.lls.org/treatment/integrative-medicine-and-complementary-and-alternative-therapies. Accessed April 23, 2017.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 11, 2017.
- Russell SJ, et al. Remission of disseminated cancer after system oncolytic virotherapy. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:926.
- Ninlaro (prescribing information). Cambridge, Mass.: Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; 2016. https://www.ninlarohcp.com. Accessed April 30, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Multiple myeloma. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.