Every year, Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists) evaluate and treat over 3,000 people with mild cognitive impairment and other neurological conditions.
Advanced research and treatment
Mayo Clinic researchers actively study mild cognitive impairment, Alzheimer's disease and other conditions that affect your memory and thinking skills.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
June 16, 2016
- McDade EM, et al. Mild cognitive impairment: Epidemiology, pathology, and clinical assessment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Daroff RB, et al. Alzheimer disease and other dementias. In: Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Knopman DS, et al. Mild cognitive impairment and mild dementia: A clinical perspective. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:1452.
- Albert MS, et al. The diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment due to Alzheimer's disease: Recommendations from the National Institute on Aging-Alzheimer's Association workgroups on diagnostic guidelines for Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimer's and Dementia. 2011;7:270.
- Mild cognitive impairment (MCI). Alzheimer's Association. http://www.alz.org/dementia/mild-cognitive-impairment-mci.asp. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Penna S. Cognitive and emotional dysfunction in mild cognitive impairment. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 2013;29:773.
- McDade EM, et al. Mild cognitive impairment: Prognosis and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Mild cognitive impairment (MCI). In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Reinjders J, et al. Cognitive interventions in healthy older adults and people with mild cognitive impairment: A systematic review. Ageing Research Reviews. 2013;12:263.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 19, 2016.
- Graff-Radford N (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 20, 2016.
Mild cognitive impairment (MCI)