ResearchBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are working to find new ways to improve care for people with mesothelioma.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic participates in cooperative clinical trials networks, including the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on mesothelioma on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Oct. 23, 2015
- Malignant pleural mesothelioma. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Diseases of the pleura and mediastinum. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Broaddus VC, et al. Pleural tumors. In: Murray and Nadel's Textbook of Respiratory Medicine. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Chekol SS, et al. Malignant mesothelioma of the tunica vaginalis testis: Diagnostic studies and differential diagnosis. Archives of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine. 2012;136:113.
- Mirarabshahii P, et al. Diffuse malignant peritoneal mesothelioma: An update on treatment. Cancer Treatment Reviews. 2012;38:605.
- Kamal AH, et al. Dyspnea review for the palliative care professional: Treatment goals and therapeutic options. Palliative Care Review. 2012;15:106.
- Malignant mesothelioma treatment – for health professionals (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/mesothelioma/hp/mesothelioma-treatment-pdq. Accessed Sept. 17, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 29, 2015.
- OSHA Fact Sheet: Asbestos. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/asbestos/hazards.html. Accessed Oct. 7, 2015.
- Protect your family. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. http://www2.epa.gov/asbestos/protect-your-family. Accessed Oct. 7, 2015.