- Expertise and experience. Mayo's brain tumor treatment team has the expertise of more than 80 experienced and highly trained doctors who treat more than 3,600 children and adults with brain and other nervous system tumors each year.
- A neuro-oncology program. Mayo Clinic offers a comprehensive program to diagnose and treat people with tumors of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves that are outside of the brain and spinal cord (peripheral nerves). The Division of Neuro-Oncology offers a multidisciplinary team approach by doctors who have extensive experience managing nervous system cancer. Read about Mayo Clinic's Neuro-Oncology Program staff and facilities in Florida and Minnesota.
- Cutting-edge technology. Mayo makes extensive use of the latest technology to improve your chances for positive outcomes.
- Efficiency. In Mayo's efficient system, brain tumor testing, diagnosis and the start of treatment can usually be done in days, not months.
- World famous services. Mayo Clinic doctors are internationally known for their diagnostic and treatment skills. With one of the largest clinical laboratories in the world, Mayo pathologists analyze tissue not only for Mayo patients but also for patients across the U.S. and around the world.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
May 02, 2014
- Ellison D, et al. Neuropathology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited. 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Meningiomas. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Meningiomas.aspx. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Park JK, et al. Meningioma: Clinical presentation and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Pinto PS, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging features of meningioma in children and young adults: A retrospective analysis. Journal of Neuroradiology. 2012;39:218.
- Park JK, et al. Meningioma: Epidemiology, risk factors and pathology. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Meningioma. American Brain Tumor Association. http://www.abta.org/understanding-brain-tumors/types-of-tumors/meningioma.html. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Ding D, et al. The role of radiosurgery in the management of WHO grade II and III intracranial meningiomas. Neurosurgery Focus. 2013;35:E16.
- Park JK, et al. Treatment of benign (WHO grade I) meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Chronic pain and CAM: At a glance. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/pain/chronic.htm. Accessed Dec. 5, 2013.
- Uhm JH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 7, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.