- Expertise and experience. Mayo's brain tumor treatment team has the expertise of more than 80 experienced and highly trained doctors who treat more than 3,600 children and adults with brain and other nervous system tumors each year.
- Teamwork. Mayo's world-renowned brain tumor specialists work together to deliver the most appropriate treatment for you.
- Technology. Mayo makes extensive use of technology to improve your chances for positive outcomes.
- Efficiency. In Mayo's efficient system, brain tumor testing, diagnosis and the start of treatment can usually be done in days, not months.
- A Neuro-Oncology Program. Mayo Clinic offers a comprehensive program to diagnose and treat people with tumors of the brain, spinal cord and nerves that are outside of the brain and spinal cord (peripheral nerves). The Neuro-Oncology Program offers a multidisciplinary approach by doctors who have extensive experience managing nervous system cancer. Read about Mayo Clinic's Neuro-Oncology Program staff and facilities in Florida, Minnesota and Arizona.
- World famous services. Mayo Clinic doctors are internationally known for their diagnostic and treatment skills. With one of the largest clinical laboratories in the world, Mayo pathologists analyze tissue not only for Mayo patients but also for patients across the U.S. and around the world.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Feb. 26, 2011
- Park JK, et al. Biology and clinical features of meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 22, 2010.
- Park JK, et al. Treatment of meningiomas. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 22, 2010.
- Minniti G, et al. Radiotherapy and radiosurgery for benign skull base meningiomas. Radiation Oncology. 2009;4:42.
- Norden AD, et al. Advances in meningioma therapy. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 2009;9:231.
- Alexiou GA, et al. Management of meningiomas. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2010;112:177.
- Meningioma. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/patient/Cancer+Types/Meningioma. Accessed Dec. 8, 2010.
- Armstrong TS, et al. Use of complementary and alternative medical therapy by patients with primary brain tumors. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 2008;8:264.