Mayo Clinic Cancer Center (MCCC) is dedicated to understanding the biology of cancer; discovering new ways to predict, prevent, diagnose and treat cancer; and transforming the quality of life for people with cancer. It is one of only three cancer centers to receive a National Cancer Institute-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant for brain cancer research.
The National Cancer Institute has designated the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo doctors and scientists are active in the latest research on brain tumors, and Mayo Clinic participates in cooperative clinical trial networks, including the North Central Cancer Treatment Group. Many people under treatment also participate in clinical trials and associated research at Mayo Clinic. This large patient base forms the foundation of the research in Mayo Clinic's Division of Neuro-Oncology, part of the comprehensive Mayo Clinic Cancer Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on meningiomas on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
May 02, 2014
- Ellison D, et al. Neuropathology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited. 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Meningiomas. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Meningiomas.aspx. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Park JK, et al. Meningioma: Clinical presentation and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Pinto PS, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging features of meningioma in children and young adults: A retrospective analysis. Journal of Neuroradiology. 2012;39:218.
- Park JK, et al. Meningioma: Epidemiology, risk factors and pathology. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Meningioma. American Brain Tumor Association. http://www.abta.org/understanding-brain-tumors/types-of-tumors/meningioma.html. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Ding D, et al. The role of radiosurgery in the management of WHO grade II and III intracranial meningiomas. Neurosurgery Focus. 2013;35:E16.
- Park JK, et al. Treatment of benign (WHO grade I) meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 2, 2013.
- Chronic pain and CAM: At a glance. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/pain/chronic.htm. Accessed Dec. 5, 2013.
- Uhm JH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 7, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.