- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors treat hundreds of adults and children with Marfan syndrome and related disorders. Mayo Clinic surgeons have extensive experience in Marfan-related heart and aortic surgery.
- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic's Marfan Syndrome Clinic, doctors from a wide variety of specialties work together to confirm the diagnosis of Marfan syndrome, evaluate your symptoms and set up a treatment plan.
- Research. Mayo Clinic researchers have been involved in studies of diagnosis and treatment approaches for Marfan syndrome for decades. Mayo patients are among the first to benefit from new findings made at Mayo.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked highly performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery, cardiovascular diseases and orthopedic surgery departments' expertise and rankings.
Aug. 15, 2017
- Questions and answers about Marfan syndrome. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Marfan_Syndrome. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Marfan's syndrome. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Marfan syndrome. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Wright MJ, et al. Genetics, clinical features and diagnosis of Marfan syndrome and related disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Wright MJ, et al. Management of Marfan syndrome and related disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Marfan syndrome. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Bowen JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 10, 2016.
- Shaughnessy WJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 23, 2016.
- Teens and Marfan syndrome. The Marfan Foundation. http://www.marfan.org/resource/fact-sheet/teens-and-marfan-syndrome#.VoWk_9hIiic. Accessed Dec. 31, 2015.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 1, 2015.
- Zehr KJ, et al. Surgery for aneurysms of the aortic root: A 30-year experience. Circulation. 2004;110:1364.