- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, pediatric orthopedic surgeons collaborate closely with adult hip surgeons to provide the full complement of care for adolescents with Legg-Calve-Perthes disease.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience in treating Legg-Calve-Perthes disease.
- Advanced diagnostic technology. Mayo Clinic uses perfusion MRI, which can show how much blood is getting to the femoral head, to help choose appropriate treatments for children with Legg-Calve-Perthes disease.
- Latest treatment options. The very latest surgical techniques are available at the Mayo Clinic, as are physical therapists that specialize in the care of children.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for orthopedics.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for rehabilitation by U.S. News & World Report.
May 30, 2014
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed July 10, 2013.
- Nigrovic PA. Overview of hip pain in childhood. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 10, 2013.
- Perthes disease. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00070. Accessed July 10, 2013.
- DeLee JC, et al. DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-3143-7..X0001-2--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-3143-7&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-4/0/1584/0.html. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Larson AN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 11, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Perthes disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Baghdadi YM, et al. Total hip arthroplasty for the sequelae of Legg-Calve-Perthes disease. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. In press. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- About IPSG. International Perthes Study Group. http://community.tsrhc.org/page.aspx?pid=529. Accessed July 12, 2013.