Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people. In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Mayo Clinic Children's Center includes all Mayo Clinic locations — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — and Mayo Clinic Health System, with the majority of services provided in Minnesota.
For more information on how to make an appointment at Mayo Clinic Children's Center:
- Please call 855-MAYO-KID (855-629-6543) toll-free from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday.
- Or use an online appointment form below.
May. 30, 2014
- U.S. Patients
- International Patients
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed July 10, 2013.
- Nigrovic PA. Overview of hip pain in childhood. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 10, 2013.
- Perthes disease. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00070. Accessed July 10, 2013.
- DeLee JC, et al. DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?about=true&eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-3143-7..X0001-2--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-3143-7&uniqId=230100505-57. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-08373-7..00002-9&isbn=978-0-323-08373-7&about=true&uniqId=343863096-23. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Canale ST, et al. Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-4/0/1584/0.html. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- Larson AN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 11, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Perthes disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Baghdadi YM, et al. Total hip arthroplasty for the sequelae of Legg-Calve-Perthes disease. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. In press. Accessed July 11, 2013.
- About IPSG. International Perthes Study Group. http://community.tsrhc.org/page.aspx?pid=529. Accessed July 12, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.