Find out all you can about Kawasaki disease so that you can make informed choices with your child's health care team about treatment options. Keep in mind that most children with Kawasaki disease recover completely, though it may be a little while before your child is back to normal and not feeling so tired and irritable. The Kawasaki Disease Foundation offers trained support volunteers to families currently dealing with the disease.
Feb. 15, 2014
- Kawasaki disease. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/pediatrics/miscellaneous_disorders_in_infants_and_children/kawasaki_disease.html. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Aug. 192013.
- Scuccimarri R. Kawasaki disease. Pediatric Clinics of North America. 2012;59:425.
- Ayusawa M, et al. Revision of diagnostic guidelines for Kawasaki disease (the 5th revised edition). Pediatrics International. 2005;47:232.
- Newburger JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: A statement for health professionals from the Committee on Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis and Kawasaki Disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Circulation. 2004;110:2747.
- Sundel R. Initial treatment and prognosis of Kawasaki disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 19, 2013.
- Taggart NW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sep. 9, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.