Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Mayo Clinic is a leader in HHT research, in areas such as improving imaging techniques to find vessel malformations, developing new medical procedures to correct vessel malformations, understanding pregnancy risks related to HHT, and helping families communicate about HHT and genetic test results.
See a list of Mayo publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 04, 2017
- AskMayoExpert. Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia — HHT. Society of Interventional Radiology. http://www.sirweb.org/patients/hereditary-hemorrhagic-telanglectasia. Accessed Nov. 9, 2015.
- Cummings KW, et al. Pulmonary vascular diseases. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2015;36:235.
- Feldman M, et al. Vascular disorders of the gastrointestinal tract. In: Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 10. 2015.
- Epperia N, et al. Blessing for the bleeder: Bevacizumab in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Clinical Medicine Research. 2015;13:32.
- Wain K, et al. Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia and risks for adverse pregnancy outcomes. American Journal of Genetics. Part A. 2012;158A:2009.
- EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines: Vascular diseases of the liver. Journal of Hepatology. In press. Accessed Nov. 17, 2015.
- Camaschella C. Iron-deficiency anemia. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015;372:1832.
- Shovlin C. Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia (Osler-Weber-Rendu syndrome). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 10, 2015.
- About HHT. HHT Foundation. http://curehht.org. Accessed Nov. 17, 2015.
- Gossage JR. Therapeutic approach to adult patients with pulmonary arteriovenous malformations. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 17, 2015.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2005.
- Patient information: Arteriovenous malformations in the brain (The Basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 17, 2015.
- Gossage JR. Pulmonary arteriovenous malformations: Clinical features and diagnostic evaluation in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 17, 2015.
Hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia