Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Doctors and surgeons trained in heart rhythm disorders study genetics, causes, diagnostic tests and treatments for arrhythmias and other heart conditions. Read more about heart rhythm disease research in Mayo Clinic's Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on arrhythmia on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Heart arrhythmia care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 04, 2017
- Marx JA, et al., eds. Dysrhythmias. In: Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com.
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr. Accessed Oct. 21, 2015.
- About arrhythmia. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/AboutArrhythmia/About-Arrhythmia_UCM_002010_Article.jsp. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Neumar RW, et al. Part 1: Executive summary 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2015;132(suppl):S315.
- Overview of arrhythmias. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular-disorders/arrhythmias-and-conduction-disorders/overview-of-arrhythmias?qt=arrhythmias&alt=sh. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Zipes DP, et al. Assessment of the patient with a cardiac arrhythmia. In: Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Bonow RO, et al. Specific arrhythmias: Diagnosis and treatment. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015.
- Pederson CT, et al. EHRA/HRS/APHRS expert consensus on ventricular arrhythmias. Heart Rhythm. 2014;11:e166.
- Heart diseases and disorders. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders#a. Oct. 28, 2015.
- Levy S, et al. Arrhythmia management for the primary care clinician. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 25, 2015.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2015.
- Brenyo A, et al. Review of complementary and alternative medicine medical treatment of arrhythmias. The American Journal of Cardiology. 2014;113:897.
- Alcohol and heart health. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/GettingHealthy/NutritionCenter/HealthyEating/Alcohol-and-Heart-Health_UCM_305173_Article.jsp#.VjEP0rerTIU. Accessed Oct. 28, 2015.
- Mankad R (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 16, 2015.