Blood tests can reveal if your body has made antibodies to a hantavirus. Your doctor may order other laboratory tests to rule out other conditions with similar symptoms.
Jan. 02, 2014
- Auerbach PS. Wilderness Medicine. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 12, 2013.
- Magill AJ, et al. Hunter's Tropical Medicine and Emerging Infectious Diseases. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 12, 2013.
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome (HPS). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/hantavirus/hps/index.html. Accessed Sept. 12, 2013.
- Phipatanakul W, et al. Environmental assessment and exposure reduction of rodents: A practice parameter. Annals of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. 2012;109:375.
- Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 12, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.