Golfer's elbow is a condition that causes pain on the inner side of your elbow, where the tendons of your forearm muscles attach to the bony bump on the inside of your elbow. The pain may spread into your forearm and wrist.
Golfer's elbow is similar to tennis elbow. But it occurs on the inside, rather than the outside, of your elbow. And it's not limited to golfers. Tennis players and others who repeatedly use their wrists or clench their fingers also can develop golfer's elbow.
The pain of golfer's elbow doesn't have to keep you off the course or away from your favorite activities. With rest and appropriate treatment, you can get back into the swing of things.
Oct. 09, 2012
- Jayanthi N. Epicondylitis (tennis and golf elbow). http://www.uptodate.com/ index. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.
- Longo DL, et al, eds. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.
- Van Hofwegen C, et al. Epicondylitis in the athlete's elbow. Clinics in Sports Medicine. 2010;29:577.
- McPhee SJ, et al. Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2012. 51st ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=1. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.
- Shiri R, et al. Lateral and medial epicondylitis: Role of occupational factors. Best Practice & Research Clinical Rheumatology. 2011;25:43.
- Walker-Bone K, et al. Occupation and epicondylitis: A population-based study. Rheumatology. 2012;51:305
- Walz DM, et al. Epicondylitis: Pathogenesis, imaging, and treatment. RadioGraphics. 2010;30:167.
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 28, 2012.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.