- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, oncologists, gastroenterologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and radiologists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people with gallbladder cancer. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating this uncommon form of cancer. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 100 people with gallbladder cancer.
- Access to the latest. Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the latest diagnostic and treatment options. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 07, 2014
- Gallbladder cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/gallbladder/Patient/AllPages. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Hepatobiliary cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed May 1, 2014.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 23, 2014.
- Moynihan TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 14, 2014.