Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Mayo Clinic doctors seek innovative treatments for a wide variety of diseases and conditions. Read more about research at Mayo Clinic.
See a list of publications about fibrocystic breasts by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Fibrocystic breasts care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 23, 2017
- Fibrocystic breast disease. First consult. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Breast pain. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Non-cancerous breast conditions. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/healthy/findcancerearly/womenshealth/non-cancerousbreastconditions/non-cancerous-breast-conditions-fibrocystic-changes. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Mastalgia (breast pain). Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gynecology-and-obstetrics/breast-disorders/mastalgia-breast-pain. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Sabel MS. Overview of benign breast disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Sabel MS. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of a palpable breast mass. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Understanding breast changes: A health guide for women. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.gov/types/breast/understanding-breast-changes. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Jacobs LJ. Management of benign breast disease. In: Current Surgical Therapy. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Golshan M, et al. Breast pain. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Balleyguiera C, et al. Breast pain and imaging. Diagnostic and Interventional Imaging. 2015;96:1009.
- Rikers A. Breast Disease: Comprehensive Management. 2015;96:1009.
- Vitamin E fact sheet for consumers. National Institutes of Health. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminE-Consumer/. Accessed Jan. 26, 2016.
- Pruthi S (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 8, 2016.