If your health care provider suspects fetal macrosomia during your pregnancy, you might feel anxious about childbirth and your baby's health — and worrying can make it hard to take care of yourself.
Consult your health care provider about what you can do to relieve stress and promote your baby's health. Also consider seeking information and support from women who've had babies diagnosed with fetal macrosomia.
April 16, 2015
- Copel JA, et al. Fetal macrosomia. In: Obstetric Imaging. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- Allen K, et al. Fetal macrosomia. Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine. 2013;23:6.
- Chatfield J. ACOG issues guidelines on fetal macrosomia. American Family Physician. 2001;64:169.
- Abramocwicz JS, et al. Fetal macrosomia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- Vendittelli F, et al. Is prenatal identification of fetal macrosomia useful? European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2012;161:170.
- Negrato CA, et al. Adverse pregnancy outcomes in women with diabetes. 2012;4:41.
- Frequently asked questions. Pregnancy FAQ098. Special tests for monitoring fetal health. American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Special-Tests-for-Monitoring-Fetal-Health . Accessed Feb. 10, 2015.
- Koyanagi A, et al. Macrosomia in 23 developing countries: An analysis of a multicountry, facility-based, cross-sectional survey. The Lancet. 2013:381:476.
- Lim CC, et al. Obesity in pregnancy. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology. In press. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- Routine prenatal care. Bloomington, Minn.: Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement. https://www.icsi.org/guidelines__more/. Accessed Feb. 8, 2015.
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) Committee on Practice Bulletins — Obstetrics. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 22: Fetal macrosomia. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2000;96:1.
- Wick MJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 12, 2015.
- Manning FA. The fetal biophysical profile. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 12, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.