Why choose Mayo ClinicBy Mayo Clinic Staff
- Experience. Mayo Clinic specialists have treated thousands of adults and children who have this rare condition.
- Advanced techniques. At Mayo Clinic, you have access to the latest screening methods, including genetic testing, to determine if you have FAP. Most colorectal surgery at Mayo uses minimally invasive techniques, which can speed your recovery.
- Compassionate care. If you're at risk of FAP, Mayo Clinic specialists take time to discuss your options with you. Pediatric specialists closely monitor at-risk children.
- New ideas. Mayo Clinic researchers are investigating new screening methods and surgery options for the disease. You have access to the expertise of Mayo's clinician-researchers.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Oct. 20, 2015
- Ahnen DJ, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of familial adenomatous polyposis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Familial adenomatous polyposis. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/familial-adenomatous-polyposis. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Leoz ML, et al. The genetic basis of familial adenomatous polyposis and its implications for clinical practice and risk management. The Application of Clinical Genetics. 2015;8:95.
- Familial adenomatous polyposis. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal-disorders/tumors-of-the-gi-tract/familial-adenomatous-polyposis#. Accessed May 11, 2015.
- Ravi V, et al. Desmoid tumors: Epidemiology, risk factors, molecular pathogenesis, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and local therapy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 12, 2015.
- Bonis PAL, et al. Familial adenomatous polyposis: Screening and management of patients and families. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2015.