CausesBy Mayo Clinic Staff
Doctors don't know what causes Dupuytren's contracture. There's no evidence that hand injuries or occupations that involve vibrations to the hands cause the condition.
July 06, 2016
- Aggarwal R, et al. Dupuytren's contracture. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 9, 2015.
- Dupuytren's contracture. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00008. Accessed Aug. 9, 2015.
- Dupuytren's disease. American Society for Surgery of the Hand. http://www.assh.org/handcare/hand-arm-conditions/dupuytren-disease. Accessed Aug. 10, 2015.
- Trojian T, et al. Dupuytren's disease: Diagnosis and treatment. American Family Physician. 2007;76:86.
- Amadio PC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 13, 2015.