Delayed sleep phase is an internal sleep clock (circadian rhythm) sleep disorder in which your sleep pattern is delayed two hours or more from a normal sleep pattern, causing you to go to sleep later and wake up later.
Jul. 16, 2014
- Carter KA, et al. Common sleep disorders in children. American Family Physician. 2014;89:368.
- Barkoukis TJ, et al. Therapy in Sleep Medicine. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 14, 2014.
- Gradisar M, et al. Assessment and treatment of delayed sleep phase disorder in adolescents: Recent innovations and cautions. Sleep Medicine Clinics. In press. May 14, 2014.
- Sack RL, et al. Circadian rhythm sleep disorders: Part II, advanced sleep phase disorder, delayed sleep phase disorder, free-running disorder, and irregular sleep-wake rhythm. Sleep. 2007;30:1484.
- Morgenthaler TI, et al. Practice parameters for the clinical evaluation and treatment of circadian rhythm sleep disorders. Sleep. 2007;30:1445.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 24, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.