Mayo Clinic staff actively conducts research in corticobasal degeneration and related conditions. Researchers study causes, diagnostic techniques and treatment options for corticobasal degeneration.
The Mayo Alzheimer's Disease Research Center at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota and Mayo Clinic in Florida is one of 34 Alzheimer's disease research centers in the United States designated and funded by the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health.
Researchers in the center study corticobasal degeneration, dementia, Alzheimer's disease and related conditions. You may have the opportunity to participate in trials at the center. Mayo Clinic in Arizona is part of the Arizona Alzheimer's Research Consortium, a statewide research collaboration.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on corticobasal degeneration on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Bradley F. Boeve, M.D.
Dennis W. Dickson, M.D.
Daniel A. Drubach, M.D.
Yonas E. Geda, M.D.
Neill R. Graff-Radford, M.D.
Robert J. Ivnik, L.P., Ph.D., L.P.
Keith A. Josephs, M.D.
David S. Knopman, M.D.
Joseph E. Parisi, M.D.
Ronald C. Petersen, M.D., Ph.D.
Leonard Petrucelli, Ph.D.
Rosa Rademakers, Ph.D.
Glenn E. Smith, Ph.D., L.P.
Jennifer Whitwell, Ph.D.
March 12, 2014
- NINDS corticobasal degeneration information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/corticobasal_degeneration/corticobasal_degeneration.htm. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.
- Corticobasal degeneration. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 3, 2013.
- Boeve BF. Parkinson-related dementias. Neurologic Clinics. 2007;25:761.
- Kouri N, et al. Corticobasal degeneration: A pathologically distinct 4R tauopathy. Nature Reviews. Neurology. 2011;7:263.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 29, 2013.
- Shadlen MF, et al. Evaluation of cognitive impairment and dementia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Sept. 9, 2013.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.