Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists), and other areas collaborate to provide your care. Mayo Clinic specialists treat more than 250 people with cluster headaches each year.
Research leaders. Mayo Clinic researchers actively study the numerous kinds of headaches and have made milestone advances in headache research.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
June 15, 2016
- Cluster headache. National Headache Foundation. http://www.headaches.org/2007/10/25/cluster-headaches/. Accessed Jan. 8, 2016.
- Headache: Hope through research. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/headache/detail_headache.htm. Accessed Jan. 8, 2016.
- May A. Cluster headache: Epidemiology, clinical features and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 8, 2016.
- May A. Cluster headache: Acute and preventive treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 8, 2016.
- Neurological exam. American Brain Tumor Association. http://www.abta.org/brain-tumor-information/diagnosis/neurological-exam.html. Accessed Jan. 8, 2016.
- Capsicum. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://www.naturaldatabase.com. Accessed Jan. 9, 2016.
- Swanson, JW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 13, 2016.