Because chondrosarcomas are uncommon, not all doctors are experienced in treating this form of cancer. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating chondrosarcomas.
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
July 28, 2016
- Van Gompel JJ, et al. Chordoma and chondrosarcoma. The Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America. 2015;48:501.
- Bone cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed May 10, 2016.
- Gelderblom AJ, et al. Chondrosarcoma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 1, 2016.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Soft tissue and bone sarcomas and bone metastases. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed July 1, 2016.
- Nota SPFT, et al. The identification of prognostic factors and survival statistics of conventional central chondrosarcoma. Sarcoma. 2015;2015:1.
- Rose PS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 10, 2016.