Why choose Mayo Clinic for chondrosarcoma
- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, surgeons who specialize in bone and soft tissue tumors (orthopedic oncologists) work with plastic surgeons, vascular surgeons, rehabilitation experts, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and specialized pathologists to form a multidisciplinary team to treat chondrosarcoma. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Because chondrosarcoma is uncommon, not all doctors are experienced in treating this form of cancer. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating chondrosarcoma.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with chondrosarcoma includes a variety of surgery techniques, chemotherapy and radiation.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Feb. 06, 2014
- Bone cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 13, 2013.
- Gelderblom AJ, et al. Chondrosarcoma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 13, 2013.
- Moynihan TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 27, 2013.