Why choose Mayo Clinic for chondrosarcoma
- Teamwork. At Mayo Clinic, surgeons who specialize in bone and soft tissue tumors (orthopedic oncologists) work with plastic surgeons, vascular surgeons, rehabilitation experts, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and specialized pathologists to form a multidisciplinary team to treat chondrosarcoma. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Because chondrosarcoma is uncommon, not all doctors are experienced in treating this form of cancer. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating chondrosarcoma.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The range of treatments offered to people with chondrosarcoma includes a variety of surgery techniques, chemotherapy and radiation.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Feb. 06, 2014
- Bone cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Aug. 13, 2013.
- Gelderblom AJ, et al. Chondrosarcoma. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 13, 2013.
- Moynihan TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 27, 2013.