Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists), brain and nervous system surgery (neurosurgeons), and other areas conduct research in diagnostic tests and treatments for Chiari malformation and other neurological conditions. Read more about research on the neurology research website.
See a list of publications on Chiari malformation by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Chiari malformation care at Mayo Clinic
Sept. 29, 2016
- Chiari malformation fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/chiari/detail_chiari.htm. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Tubbs RS, et al. The Chiari malformations and syringohydromyelia. In: Principles of Neurological Surgery. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Khoury C. Chiari malformations. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Ropper AH, et al. Developmental diseases of the nervous system. In: Adams & Victor's Principles of Neurology. 10th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Chiari malformation. American Association of Neurological Surgeons. http://www.aans.org/Patient%20Information/Conditions%20and%20Treatments/Chiari%20Malformation.aspx. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Tubbs RS, et al. Chiari malformations. In: Youmans Neurological Surgery. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Heiss J, et al. Management of Chiari malformations and syringomyelia. In: Schmidek and Sweet's Operative Neurosurgical Techniques. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 10, 2016.