Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers are investigating new ways to diagnose and treat bone cancer.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on bone cancer on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
June 28, 2016
- Bone cancer: Questions and answers. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Sites-Types/bone. Accessed Dec. 20, 2014.
- Bone cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Dec. 20, 2014.
- Cancer Facts & Figures 2015. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/research/cancerfactsstatistics/cancerfactsfigures2015/index. Accessed Jan. 6, 2015.
- Niederhuber, JE, et al., eds. Sarcomas of Bone. Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 20, 2014.
- Miller HL. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 8, 2015.
- Gupta SK, et al. Principles of rotationplasty. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2012;20:657.
- So NF, et al. Prosthetic fitting after rotationplasty of the knee. American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 2014;93:328.
- Rose PS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 11, 2015.
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, Rochester, Minn. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/researchandfunding/extramural/cancercenters/find-a-cancer-center/mayoclinic. Accessed Jan. 6, 2015.
- Hornicek FJ. Bone sarcoma: Preoperative evaluation, histologic classifications and principles of surgical management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 7, 2014.
- Ness KK, et al. A comparison of function after limb salvage with non-invasive expandable or modular prostheses in children. European Journal of Cancer. 2014;50:3212.
- Beauchamp CP (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Pagnano MW (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Larson AN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester Minn. Feb. 10, 2015.