June 06, 2015
Below are current clinical trials.1 studies in Autonomic neuropathy
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to demonstrate the benefits of acupuncture in patients who have refractory autonomic dysfunction, including nausea, emesis, ileus, diabetic gastroparesis, failure to thrive.
- Gardner DG, et al. Pancreatic Hormones and Diabetes Mellitus. In: Greenspan's Basic & Clinical Endocrinology. 9th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Callaghan BC, et al. Diabetic neuropathy: Clinical manifestations and current treatments. The Lancet Neurology. 2012;11:521. Accessed May 12, 2015.
- Stevens MJ. Diabetic autonomic neuropathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 30, 2015.
- Tesfaye S, et al. Diabetic neuropathies: Update on definitions, diagnostic criteria, estimation of severity, and treatments. Diabetes Care. 2010;33:2285. Accessed May 13, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Disorders of the Autonomic Nervous System. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Diabetic neuropathies: The nerve damage of diabetes. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/neuropathies/. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Overview of the autonomic nervous system. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic-disorders/autonomic-nervous-system/overview-of-the-autonomic-nervous-system. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Philips JC, et al. Squatting, a posture test for studying cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy in diabetes. Diabetes & Metabolism. 2011;37:489.
- Bethanechol (prescribing information). Pomona, N.Y.: Barr Laboratories, Inc.; 2007. http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/lookup.cfm?setid=80ee6156-18b8-45aa-9402-b40647173da8. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Detrol (prescribing information). New York, N.Y.: Pharmacia and Upjohn; 2012. http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=719. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Ditropan (prescribing information). Raritan, N.J.: Ortho McNeil Pharmaceuticals; 2011. http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com/assets/ditropanxl.pdf. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Hirsch M, et al. Tricyclic and tetracyclic drugs: Pharmacology, administration, and side effects. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 13, 2015.
- Robinul and Robinul Forte (prescribing information). Atlanta, Ga.: Shionogi Pharma, Inc.; 2010. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2005/017558s053lbl.pdf. Accessed May 4, 2015.
- Shakher J, et al. Update on the management of diabetic polyneuropathies. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy. 2011;4:289.
- Wang CP, et al. A single-blinded, randomized pilot study evaluating effects of electroacupuncture in diabetic patients with symptoms suggestive of gastroparesis. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2008;7:833.
- Feldman, EL, et al. Treatment of diabetic neuropathy. http://uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 30, 2015.
- Rutkove SB. Overview of polyneuropathy. http://uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 30, 2015.
- Olshansky B. Upright tilt table testing in the evaluation of syncope. http://uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 30, 2015.
- Tesfaye S. Neuropathy in diabetes. Medicine. 2015;43:26. Accessed May 13, 2015.
- Coon E (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 14, 2015.