Aphasia can create numerous quality-of-life problems because communication is so much a part of your life. Communication difficulty may affect your:
- Day-to-day function
Language barriers may lead to embarrassment, depression and relationship problems.
March 21, 2015
- Clark DG. Approach to the patient with aphasia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 25, 2015.
- Aphasia. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/neurologic_disorders/function_and_dysfunction_of_the_cerebral_lobes/aphasia.html#v1034169. Accessed Feb. 25, 2015.
- Clark DG. Aphasia: Prognosis and treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 25, 2015.
- Aphasia. American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/Aphasia.htm. Accessed Feb. 25, 2015.
- Aphasia. National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders. http://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/voice/Pages/aphasia.aspx. Accessed Feb. 26, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.