- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart and blood vessel conditions (cardiologists) and heart and blood vessel surgery (cardiovascular surgeons) have experience in evaluating and treating people who have aortic valve disease and other types of heart valve disease .
- Diagnostic tools. Mayo Clinic cardiologists use many tests to accurately diagnose people who have aortic valve disease. Tests may include echocardiogram, electrocardiogram, cardiac catheterization and others.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors and surgeons have expertise treating aortic valve disease with procedures including balloon valvuloplasty, aortic valve repair (valvuloplasty), aortic valve replacement and other types of heart valve surgery. Surgeons also perform minimally invasive heart surgery, which involves smaller incisions and often results in less pain and a quicker recovery. Doctors monitor your condition over time for any changes.
- Efficient system. Mayo Clinic doctors diagnose your condition and develop your treatment plan, often in a few days.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic doctors work together to determine the most appropriate treatment for your condition.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study new diagnosis and treatment options for aortic valve disease and other heart valve diseases and conduct clinical trials. Researchers also study new heart valve surgery options, including minimally invasive aortic valve replacement surgery.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Nov. 11, 2011
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.