- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience in the diagnosis and treatment of all types of aneurysms.
- Teamwork. Doctors trained in heart disease (cardiovascular diseases), brain conditions (neurologists), brain surgery (neurosurgeons), blood vessel surgery (vascular surgeons), heart and lung surgery (cardiothoracic surgeons), and other areas work together to evaluate and treat people who have aneurysms.
- Efficiency. In Mayo Clinic's efficient system, your diagnosis, testing and treatment usually can be completed within a few days.
- Current research. Mayo Clinic researchers study aneurysm development, monitoring, management and treatment.
Read more about abdominal aortic aneurysm, thoracic aortic aneurysm and brain aneurysm.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals in neurology and neurosurgery and for heart and heart surgery.
March 27, 2014
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. What is an aneurysm? http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arm/. Accessed Sept. 22, 2013.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Jim J, et al. Management of symptomatic (non-ruptured) and ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Woo YJ et al. Clinical features and diagnosis of thoracic aortic aneurysm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 16, 2013.
- Alessandro C, et al. Clinical presentation of cerebral aneurysms. European Journal of Radiology. 2013;82:1618.
- Haines DE. Fundamental Neuroscience for Basic and Clinical Applications. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 22, 2013.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 22, 2013.
- U.S. News best hospitals 2012-2013. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Sept. 23, 2013.
- Brown RD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 9, 2013.