Below are current clinical trials.4 studies in Anemia
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The objective of this study is to compare the safety, tolerance and efficacy of BLI800 to a PEG based preparation prior to colonoscopy in adolescent patients.
This study is being conducted to evaluate the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), immunogenicity, and effects on warm autoimmune hemolytic anemia (WAIHA) disease activity markers of intravenous (IV) SYNT001.
The purpose of this study is to compare two red blood cell transfusion strategies (liberal and restrictive) for patients who have had an acute myocardial infarction and are anemic.
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz., Jacksonville, Fla.
Phase I: To investigate maximum tolerated dose (MTD), safety and tolerability, pharmacokinetics, exploratory biomarker and efficacy of BI 836858 monotherapy in patients with low or intermediate-1 risk myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) with symptomatic anemia. Phase II: To investigate safety and efficacy of BI 836858 plus Best Supportive Care compared to Best Supportive Care alone in low or intermediate-1 risk MDS patients with symptomatic anemia without a deletion 5q cytogenetic abnormality.
Aug. 08, 2017
- Your guide to anemia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/public/blood/anemia-yg.pdf. Accessed Nov. 30, 2015.
- Marx JA, et al., eds. Anemia, polycythemia and white blood cell disorders. In: Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 30, 2015.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 10, 2015.
- Schrier SL. Approach to the adult patient with anemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 30, 2015.
- Anemia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/anemia/. Accessed Nov. 30, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Sickle cell disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Dietary supplement fact sheet: Folate. Office of Dietary Supplements. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Folate-HealthProfessional/. Accessed Nov. 30, 2015.
- Dietary supplement fact sheet: Vitamin C. Office of Dietary Supplements. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-HealthProfessional/. Accessed Nov. 30, 2015.
- Benz EJ. Treatment of beta thalassemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Field JJ et al. Overview of the management and prognosis of sickle cell disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Lichtman MA, et al. Structure of the marrow and the hematopoietic microenvironment. In: Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=358§ionid=39835818. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Hoffman R, et al. Hematologic aspects of parasitic diseases. In: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 30, 2015.
- Kassebaum NJ, et al. A systematic analysis of global anemia burden from 1990 to 2010. Blood. 2014;123:615.
- Berns JS. Anemia of chronic kidney disease: Target hemoglobin/hematocrit for patients treated with erythropoietic agents. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 8, 2015.
- Stabler SP. Vitamin B12 deficiency. New England Journal of Medicine. 2013;368:149.
- Anemia and older adults. American Society of Hematology. http://www.hematology.org/Patients/Anemia/Adults.aspx. Accessed Dec. 9, 2015.