Mayo Clinic is one of the few medical centers in the United States studying the diagnosis and treatment of amyloidosis. Specific efforts include
- Defining the mechanisms of amyloid formation
- Finding biomarkers for AL amyloidosis
- Improving methods for identifying amyloid type
Mayo Clinic researchers also conduct clinical trials of new amyloidosis treatments. Read more about research in the Mayo Clinic Protein Misfolding Laboratory.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on amyloidosis on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
July 29, 2014
- Leif F. Bergsagel, M.D.
- David Dingli, M.D., Ph.D.
- Angela Dispenzieri, M.D.
- Rafael Fonseca, M.D.
- Morie A. Gertz, M.D.
- Suzanne R. Hayman, M.D.
- Shaji Kumar, M.D.
- Martha Q. Lacy, M.D.
- Nelson Leung, M.D.
- John A. Lust, M.D., Ph.D.
- Joseph R. Mikhael, M.D.
- Fletcher A. Miller Jr., M.D.
- S. Vincent Rajkumar, M.D.
- Craig B. Reeder, M.D.
- Vivek Roy, M.D.
- Stephen J. Russell, M.D., Ph.D.
- Thomas E. Witzig, M.D.
- Stephen R. Zeldenrust, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gorevic PD. An overview of amyloidsosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- AskMayoExpert. When should light chain amyloidosis be suspected? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Rajkumar SV. Clinical presentation, laboratory manifestations and diagnosis of immunoglobulin light chain (AL) amyloidosis (primary amyloidosis). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- Gorevic PD. Causes and diagnosis of secondary (AA) amyloidosis and relation to rheumatic diseases. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 4, 2014.
- Hoffman R, et al. Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Gertz MA. Immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis: 2013 update on diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment. American Journal of Hematology. 2013;88:417.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. What do I need to know about immunoglobulin light chain (AL) amyloidosis? Blood Reviews. 2012;26:137.
- Vrana JA, et al. Clinical diagnosis and typing of systemic amyloidosis in subcutaneous fat aspirates by mass spectrometry-based proteomics. Haematologica. In press. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Warsame R, et al. Outcomes and treatments of patients with immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis who progress or relapse postautologous stem cell transplant. European Journal of Haematology. In press. Accessed May 5, 2014.
- Dispenzieri A, et al. High sensitivity cardiac troponin T in patients with immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis. Heart. 2014;100:383.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 8, 2014.
- Gorevic PD. Genetic factors in the amyloid diseases. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 11, 2014.