Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Areas that research this condition
Aug. 16, 2017
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. In: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-5. 5th ed. Arlington, Va.: American Psychiatric Association; 2013. http://www.psychiatryonline.org. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd/index.shtml. Accessed Dec. 9, 2015.
- Rostain A, et al. Toward quality care in ADHD: Defining the goals of treatment. Journal of Attention Disorders. 2015;19:99.
- Vande Voort JL, et al. Impact of the DSM-5 attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder age-of-onset criterion in the US adolescent population. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 2014;53:736.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Nov. 18, 2015.
- Rowland AS, et al. The prevalence of ADHD in a population-based sample. Journal of Attention Disorders. 2015;19:741.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/adhd/. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- For parents and caregivers. National Resource Center on ADHD. http://www.chadd.org/Understanding-ADHD/For-parents-caregivers.aspx. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). American Academy of Family Physicians. http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd.html. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Harris MN, et al. ADHD and learning disabilities in former late preterm infants: A population-based birth cohort. Pediatrics. 2013;132:e630.
- ADHD. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-Conditions/ADHD/Overview. Accessed Jan. 5, 2016.
- Bader A, et al. Complementary and alternative therapies for children and adolescents with ADHD. Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 2012;24:760.
- Southammakosane C, et al. Pediatric psychopharmacology for treatment of ADHD, depression, and anxiety. Pediatrics. 2015;136:351.
- Connolly JJ, et al. Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder and pharmacotherapy — Past, present, and future: A review of the changing landscape of drug therapy. Therapeutic Innovation and Regulatory Science. 2015;49:632.
- Levy S, et al. Childhood ADHD and risk for substance dependence in adulthood: A longitudinal, population-based study. PLOS One. 2014;9:e105640.
- Bhagia J (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 21, 2016.
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children