Alternative medicineBy Mayo Clinic Staff
No alternative treatments have been found helpful in treating acute myelogenous leukemia. But some complementary and alternative treatments may relieve the symptoms you experience due to cancer or cancer treatment.
Alternative treatments that may help relieve symptoms include:
Sept. 12, 2015
- Relaxation exercises
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Acute leukemias in adults. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Hoffman R, et al. Clinical manifestations and treatment of acute myelogenous leukemia. In: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Adult acute myeloid leukemia treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/leukemia/patient/adult-aml-treatment-pdq. Accessed May 21, 2015.
- Leukemia — acute myeloid — AML. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/cancer-types/leukemia-acute-myeloid-aml/view-all. Accessed May 21, 2015.
- Integrative medicine & complementary and alternative therapies as part of blood cancer care. Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. http://www.lls.org/#/resourcecenter/freeeducationmaterials/treatment/integrativemedandcam. Accessed March 18, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 18, 2015.