Nutrition Clinical Service GroupBy Mayo Clinic Staff
The Nutrition Clinical Service Group operates a full time outpatient consultative clinic and a hospital consultation and management service
for the complete spectrum of nutritionally related medical problems.
Nutrition Clinic operates daily and full-time to provide:
- comprehensive multispecialty approach to obesity and weight gain, including evaluation for bariatric surgery
- clinical nutritional analysis of eating disorders, including bulimia and anorexia nervosa
- general ambulatory nutrition advice and education; scientific advice on vitamin, supplement and antioxidant use
- professional and technical support for patients requiring long-term tube feedings
Outpatient Nutrition Services Staff Physician Chair: M. Collazo-Clavell, M.D.
Nutrition Services provides a multidisciplinary approach assisted by allied health professionals at Saint Marys and Rochester Methodist Hospitals to provide:
- cost-effective evaluation and management of medical and surgical malnourished hospitalized patients who may be receiving parenteral or enteral feeding
- special expertise in the selection and care of nutrition-related access devices (catheters and tubes)
- nutritional assessment, design, and monitoring of nutritional programs
- fluid and electrolyte management of ill patients
- assessment of drug-nutrient interactions
- general nutrition support supervision
Hospital Nutrition Services Staff Physician Chair: M. M. McMahon, M.D.