A team approach
Doctors work together to evaluate and treat patients at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic's top-ranked team of cardiologists diagnoses and treats many heart conditions, including many rare and complex disorders.
Mayo Clinic's Division of Cardiovascular Diseases is one of the largest and most integrated in the United States, with locations in Arizona, Florida, Minnesota and several communities throughout Mayo Clinic Health System. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota include more than 200 cardiologists and 1,100 allied health staff trained in caring for heart patients. Our multidisciplinary team of experts are trained in many heart conditions, including heart valve disease; coronary artery disease; congenital heart disease in adults and congenital heart defects in children, such as Ebstein's anomaly and hypoplastic left heart syndrome; hypertrophic cardiomyopathy; heart failure; and heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias).
These care providers work together to evaluate and treat patients utilizing the most advanced techniques and technologies.
Doctors utilize technology to evaluate patients
Mayo Clinic doctors utilize technology to evaluate patients.
Partnering with the most important team member — our patient — Mayo Clinic's expert team focuses on each individual, including meeting each patient's needs as a whole person and taking the time to listen and answer questions.
A Mayo Clinic doctor conducts a patient consult.
- Collaborative care. Cardiologists at Mayo Clinic collaborate with experts in many specialties to provide you with comprehensive care. These experts include surgeons, radiologists, pathologists, pediatricians, endocrinologists and doctors in many other specialties as well as nurse practitioners, physician assistants, dietitians and geneticists.
- Research. Mayo Clinic's long history of pioneering medical research means patients have access to state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities and numerous groundbreaking clinical trials, including more than 100 heart-related clinical trials. Mayo Clinic heart experts are constantly seeking new knowledge to improve diagnosis and therapies for patients with many heart conditions. Our physicians' close collaboration with physicians and scientists across the world contributes to the advancement of cardiovascular research and clinical care for people everywhere.
- Focused on you. Having all this expertise in a single place — focused on you — means that you're not just getting one opinion. Your care is discussed among the extended team, your test results are available quickly, and appointments are scheduled in coordination. Specialists work together for you. Your evaluation can typically be done in a matter of days at Mayo Clinic.
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minnesota, is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, is ranked high performing for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Cardiovascular services are also provided to children at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota. Pediatric cardiologists work in close collaboration with other pediatric specialists to provide comprehensive care for children.
Many Mayo Clinic Health System facilities also provide heart care, including:
- Albert Lea, Minn.
- Austin, Minn.
- Mankato, Minn.
- Owatonna, Minn.
- Red Wing, Minn.
- Eau Claire, Wis.
- La Crosse, Wis.
- Waycross, Ga.
Mayo Clinic Health System clinics, hospitals and health care facilities serve more than 70 communities in Iowa, Georgia, Wisconsin and Minnesota.
Feb. 18, 2015
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.