Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Aug. 30, 2017
- Chihak BJ. HR- Workforce Research & Analytics. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 16, 2015.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2014-15. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Dec. 29, 2014.
- Graff SK. Financial Accounting Services. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 20, 2015.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center becomes first accredited pediatric heart failure institute in Minnesota and fourth in the nation. PressReleaseHeadlines.com. http://pressreleaseheadlines.com/mayo-clinic-childrens-center-accredited-pediatric-heart-failure-institute-minnesota-fourth-nation-174647. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- Doctors name America's top residency programs. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/health-news/top-doctors/articles/2014/02/20/doctors-name-americas-top-residency-programs. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- IAC echocardiography accredited facilities. Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. http://www.intersocietal.org/echo/main/lab_list.htm. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.
- CAAHEP accredited program search. Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. http://www.caahep.org/Find-An-Accredited-Program/. Accessed Jan. 27, 2015.