- MD Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia
- Resident Department of Internal Medicine
- Chief Resident Department of Internal Medicine
- Fellow Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism, Nutrition, Department of Internal Medicine
- MS - Biomedical Research Mayo Graduate School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Research Fellowship Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University
- American Board of Internal Medicine - Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism
- Professor of Medicine
- Care of patients with diabetes, with particular attention to the interventions that reduce the risk of diabetes-related complications
- Knowledge synthesis (systematic reviews and meta-analyses)
- Evidence-based medicine
- Encounter research
- Improve the quality of decisions patients with chronic conditions, such as diabetes, and make with their clinicians such that they are most consistent with patients' values and preferences
See a listing of publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
See a description of research activities.