Supplier Diversity Program
Minority- and woman-owned businesses are critically important to the future of our business. By forging lasting relationships with a diverse supplier base, we open new avenues of opportunity and promote mutually beneficial growth.
The Mayo Clinic Supplier Diversity Program's goal is to engage in mutually beneficial strategic business relationships with minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned and small business enterprises so as to provide equal access to Mayo purchasing opportunities and promote supplier participation to reflect the diverse business community and patient population.
"Our goal at Mayo Clinic is to build greater diversity into every level of the organization. The more we embrace diversity in all its forms, the stronger we are as an organization and the more benefit we can be to our patients."
John H. Noseworthy, M.D.
President and CEO, Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic recognizes the following diversity classifications:
- Disabled business (DBE)
- Disadvantaged business (DISAD)
- Disabled veteran-owned business (DVBE)
- Historically black colleges and universities and minority institutions (HBCU)
- HUB-zone small business (HUB)
- Minority-owned business (MBE)
- Service-disabled veteran-owned business (SDVBE)
- Small business administration program (SBA8a)
- Small business (SBE)
- Small disadvantaged business (SDIS)
- Veteran-owned business (VBE)
- Woman-owned business (WBE)
Mayo Clinic recognizes third-party public and private certifications including, but not limited to:
Supplier Diversity Conference: Gaining a Competitive Advantage
Mayo Clinic and the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce have partnered with Women's Business Development Center, North Central Minority Supplier Development Council, Chicano Latino Affairs Council, Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation, Destination Medical Center and the Council on Black Minnesotans to host a premier and exciting event.
- Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2015
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, Minnesota
- Why diversity and inclusion are important to economic growth
- The value of certification and how to access resources for your business
- How to gain valuable insight and knowledge to navigate and become a supplier for Mayo Clinic, Hormel, Destination Medical Center and other local organizations
- Energize your business customers and suppliers
Take part in this strategic networking opportunity that will allow you to make connections with regional suppliers and potential buyers as well as learn the benefits of a supplier diversity certification.
To register, visit the Supplier Diversity Conference: Gaining a Competitive Advantage page on the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce website. Seating is limited.
Supplier diversity database application
Mayo Clinic Supply Chain Operations maintains a supplier diversity database to support purchasing operations. To have your company registered in this database, complete and submit the supplier diversity database application.
For more information, please contact:
Supply Chain Customer Support