Mayo Clinic has been recognized for its efforts in creating a caring service environment where individual differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential.
Awards from outside organizations
- Mayo Clinic named a top hospital for Hispanics in 2013
Hispanic Network Magazinenamed Mayo Clinic a top hospital for Hispanics in its annual Best of the Best issue. Mayo Clinic is engaging Spanish-speaking audiences globally through community collaborations around patient care, research and education.
Mayo recently launched Historias Mayo, a video storytelling campaign that shares the stories of some of Mayo's inspiring Hispanic patients and physicians. Historias Mayo also complements Mayo's growing influence in Hispanic social media (Twitter and Facebook) and its recently redesigned Spanish Web pages.
- 2014 DiversityInc Top 10 Hospital Systems
- In 2014, Mayo Clinic ranked eighth among DiversityInc's Top 10 Hospital Systems based on an analysis of its diversity and inclusion practices and policies. This is the third straight year that Mayo has earned a spot on the list.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Diversity Award
- The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons presented its 2012 Diversity Award to Franklin H. Sim, M.D., of Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., during an awards ceremony at its 2012 Annual Meeting. The Diversity Award recognizes members of the academy who have distinguished themselves through an outstanding commitment to making orthopedics more representative of and accessible to diverse patient populations.
- DiversityBusiness.com Champions of Diversity Award
- Marion K. Kelly of Mayo Clinic in Arizona was among those recognized by DiversityBusiness.com as having demonstrated a commitment to solutions in diversity issues on a regional or national level.
- Rochester Heritage Preservation Award
- Celebrate Dakota!, a Mayo Employee Resource Group, earned recognition from the Rochester Heritage Preservation Committee for educating the community through its promotion and celebration of Dakota history, traditions and culture in Rochester, Minn.
Awards given by Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic in Arizona introduces Diversity and Inclusion Award to honor dedicated staff
- Mayo Clinic in Arizona bestowed the inaugural Diversity and Inclusion Award to recognize Elva L. Ortiz, a member of Arizona's Latinas y Latinos, a Mayo Employee Resource Group. The award recognizes and honors allied health staff, physicians and scientists who perform in an exceptional manner to advance the vision of Mayo Clinic to be recognized by patients, employees, peer institutions and the community as the leading model for diversity and inclusion. The award was given to Ortiz at Arizona's 2012 Service Recognition Awards.