Mayo Clinic Facts
This year, 1.3 million people from all 50 states and 143 countries came to Mayo Clinic for care.
- Staff physicians and scientists: 4,200
- Residents, fellows and others: 2,400
- Allied health staff (clinic and hospital): 52,900
- Total: 59,500
- Total clinic patients: 1,317,900
- Hospital admissions: 128,000
- Hospital days of patient care: 612,000
- Physicians and medical scientists: 619
- Allied health personnel: 2,189
- New human research studies approved by Institutional Review Board: 2,672
- Active human research studies: 9,832
- Research publications and review articles in peer-reviewed journals: 6,392
- Education and Research funding (in millions): 923
- Government, foundations, and industry: 428
- Mayo Clinic funds and benefactor gifts: 495
Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education
Mayo trains doctors in 271 residency and fellowship programs, representing virtually all medical specialties.
- Enrollment: 1,665
- Graduates: 676
Mayo Graduate School
- Enrollment: 331
- Ph.D. graduates: 19
- M.S. graduates: 31
Mayo Medical School
- Enrollment: 216
- Graduates: 54 (anticipated in May 2015)
Mayo School of Health Sciences
Prepares students in 120 programs representing more than 60 health science careers.
- Enrollment: 1,843
- Graduates: 1,230
Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development
- Physician participants: 87,143 (estimated for Dec. 31, 2014)
- Nonphysician participants: 40,473 (estimated for Dec. 31, 2014)
Financial Information (in millions)
- Total revenue from current activity: $9,760.6
- Income from current activities: $834.8
- Contributions from benefactors: $288
Conflict of interest
Mayo Clinic and its staff often collaborate with industry to improve patient care through research agreements, invention licenses and consulting activities. The Mayo Clinic Conflict of Interest Review Board oversees all such activities. Mayo Clinic and its staff members do not receive any royalties for inventions or technology developed at Mayo and subsequently prescribed for Mayo Clinic patients.
If you have questions about Mayo Clinic industry relationships, please ask your physician or contact the Office of Conflict of Interest Review at 507-284-0075.
See more about Mayo Clinic facts:
These facts were accurate as of December 2014.