Mayo doctors have been pioneers in many types of heart valve surgery, such as mitral valve repair and aortic valve repair, for many years. Mayo researchers study new procedures to repair or replace heart valves using catheter procedures, minimally invasive heart surgery and other surgical techniques.
You might have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. Read more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
Areas of research include:
- New procedures to conduct heart valve repair and heart valve replacement
- Development of biological tissue valves using human tissue for potential use in heart valve replacement
- Catheter procedures to repair or replace heart valves
- Minimally invasive heart surgery to repair or replace heart valves
- 3D printing of models of the heart and valves that doctors may study to prepare to conduct heart valve surgery
- Use of blood-thinning medications in people with biological and mechanical tissue valves
- Genetics of heart valve disease
- Medical therapy for aortic valve stenosis
请参阅美国国家医学图书馆检索服务系统 PubMed 所收录的妙佑医疗国际医生在心脏瓣膜疾病领域的文献目录。